The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Prologue--Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Time to start the game. The Emperor has sent me to Kashyyyk to hunt down a rouge Jedi.

Yeah! I get to play as Darth Vader!

First I had to get through a bunch of Wookies. No problem. Not sure why those incompetent storm troopers couldn't take them out, but for Lord Vader, they were no problem. Coolest moment so far in the game is him coming down an elevator, a storm trooper saying that they couldn't break the Wookie's defenses. Vader just said "Leave that to me" and proceeded to kick Wookie butt. After defeating the Wookie, Vader found the rouge and a fight broke out. Defiantly a tough battle, although it was mainly because I wasn't quite use to the controls yet, but it was easily the best saber battle I've ever fought in.

SO far this game Rocks The Casbah. Walking, almost strolling through the level as Vader, you got a real sense of "Why do I have to waste my time on these guys" as Vader easily slices through them and throws them around (or throws stuff at them, like exploding crates) there were times I had to remind myself that I had a job to do and I couldn't just spend all my time picking up stuff.

It is also weird playing a game when not only is there only one walk through on Gamefaqs, but one that is still being written! (The author is only 2 levels ahead of me) for someone use to going there to see level names (if I don't know them) it is defiantly something I wasn't use to, but kind of fun.

I went back an replayed the level. Got 15 of the 20 Holocrons on the level. I saw the rest, but it was during the fight against the Rogue Jedi and I couldn't get to them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home