The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Friday, August 29, 2008

I don't think I've ever been more psyched about a Smackdown game then I am about Smackdown VS Raw 2009. I'll get to the main reason last, because it's the one I'm most excited about, but first the other reasons.

First there will be Downloadable Content to keep things up to date. It hasn't been confirmed, but I'm guessing this will range from minor changes such as hair color (like if Shelton Benjamin stopped dying his hair) tattoos, and ring attire, all of which could easily be changed anyways, to more major stuff like face and heel turns (C.M. Punk turning heel for example) new moves and entrances, and even new wrestlers (in case someone like "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson were to sign with WWE) Although I doubt they would remove someone if they quit or died. Unless it was something like Chris Benoit. They probably would remove him if he had been in this version. they did it last year, and took out all his signature moves so you couldn't even create him accurately. Another thing they are will be including is "special events in game based on what's happening on the show" What that means is any one's guess, but it still is exciting.

Second is some of the new stuff. The Wii version will allow custom entrances and poses, using the Wiimote and chuck to customize them each time. Much like Danielson tries to end each match a different way, you could walk to the ring and celebrate each win a different way. The DS version will have more RPG elements, allowing you to walk around back stage, start different story lines, get missions, ect. I might actually have to get that version this year too.

Since it's been announced the Create-A-Finisher mode was the part I was most excited about, at least until today. It will be pretty limited, only allowing finishers that can be exacted when face to face with your opponent and will only be able to include 10 out of 500 animations, but it is a good start and THQ has said that they will improve it in future versions.

The part I'm most excited about is an increased emphasis on Tag Team wrestling. I've been a fan of tag matches for a long time so this is very exciting for me. Matches will me more realistic, with hot and blind tags included, and your partner will have more to do while you're in the ring, like pulling down the top rope or holding your opponent while you punch him. They will also have a co-op story mode for tag teams, more tag teams will be included (I'm guessing on that one) and, while I can't confirm this one, I'm guessing they will be showcasing the (rather weak) tag team roster on the real shows as a way to help promote the game. Even if it is only a few months of focusing on tag teams, that is better then nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home