The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mega Man 9 Intro!

For those who have been living under a rock, Mega Man 9 comes out in September, bringing the series back to it's 8-bit roots! (Speaking of it's roots, Check out the craptacular "box art". At least they gave him an arm cannon this time and made him look cooler then last time. Got to love the retro MM1 style "box art.)

Obviously I'm excited. I've been a fan of the Blue Bomber for years and can't wait to play a new game featuring him. It's been 10 years since we last saw the original Mega in action (5 if you count Mega Man & Bass, which is a side story and was ported to GBA in 2003) which makes that line in the intro about Mega not doing this in a while so much funnier.

It's cool that the game is being released on all three networks at the same time, and it should be interesting to see what, if any, differences there are in the different versions. We know that the 360 version will have achievements, and I have heard that something like that will be in the Wii version as well. It's also cool that we are getting our first Robot Master that is officially a woman (in case the name Splash Woman wasn't a give away) There have been female bosses in the past, but never in the original series and never with the word Woman in their name.

One thing I am concerned about is how well it will do. Obviously old school gamers like myself will get it, but since many of us have hung up our controllers, it should be interesting to see how many younger gamers will buy it. If they are true gamers, they will; if they are like my three older nephews and think it's all about graphics and that no good games were released before the XBox came out, then this may be the last entry in the great series.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home