The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekly Challenges Are No More

It is the end of an era, but also something I've been thinking about for the last couple of weeks.  With my current work schedule (and if all goes well my long term work schedule) I don't have a huge amount of time for gamming, and when I do I don't always want to play the games on the challenge list.  When I play something not on the list I usually feel a little bad, like I should be playing them, which doesn't help any either.

Long story short, gaming has become a little less fun for me because of the weekly challenges.  Like I said, I feel bad when I don't play the games on the list, I feel bad when I don't get the challenges done, and in general that feeling is hurting my gaming time.

So I am taking a cue from the site that inspired me to do this is the first place.  I am eliminating set challenges.  I may bring them back eventually, but for now they are gone.  The long term challenges will remain, and I might change the weekly challenges section of the side bar to a short term challenge section.  The Now Playing section will remain as well, as the games I am currently playing and the Free Time section will probably list the games that I play when I just want to pick up a controller and have some fun with out getting into a game too much, whether because of time , energy, ect.  I will continue to post on here as well.  Any time I do something that is post worthy, I will write about it.

In this way I should be able to do much better on here.  With out the shackles of a set list of challenges each week, I am free to play what I want.  This freedom is the reason I have over 500 games and have only beaten 20, but having an incentive, and a place to record my accomplishments, should help me play more and hopefully increase the number of games I have beaten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home