The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cheap Gaming Goodness

My local Walmart has been getting rid of a bunch of it's games, to make room for the new consoles and because they are doing some remodeling. As a result, I have gotten several games, including all the of the Ratchet and Clank games, 2 of the Sly Cooper games, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 2: Echos, Lego Star Wars, and more. But the ones that have me most excited are the ones I got over the last few days, both games I have wanted for a long time, but didn't want to pay $50 for them.

First, I found Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube. They had the PS2 version, and I was tempted to get it, but I am glad I waited until the Cube version was moved to the discount rack. So why did I wait for the Cube version? Two reasons.
1.) I'm not much of an online gamer. I play Guild Wars, and I am thinking about getting back into Ultima Online, which I haven't played for a few years. I use to play Jedi Knight, Quake 2, and Half Life online a lot, but since I have spent the last few years play console games almost exclusively, I haven't played many PC games online. I do have my PS2 set up for net play (although I have to change it for DSL access) but I haven't really gotten into playing online with it yet.

2.) because the Cube version has extras. This is something I realy liked. Since the Cube doesn't have online play, companies have added extras to their games which, on the PS2 and Xbox, have online play. In Mortal Kombat: Deception, they added Shao Kahn and Goro (this is the version I want) and in Fight Night, they added Super Punch Out. That's right, they added an entire game. Not only that, but they added a SNES classic!. Plus, if you beat Super Punch Out, you can play as Kid Mac in Fight Night :) If that isn't enough reason to get the Cube version over the others, I don't know what is.

The second game I got was the Gamecube version of Soulcalibur 2. This one was simply a matter of preferance. Each console had a different special character. I didn't want Heihachi, so I didn't get the PS2 version. Spawn would have been cool, but a game I can get on PS2 and Gamecube isn't enough to justify getting an Xbox. And besides. It's Link! How could I not choose a fighting game where you can play as Link!

Now I want to play it. and since I have abou 1 hour and 45 minutes until Church, I think I shall :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home