The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

It came out Tuesday, I watched it Wednesday, but I was half asleep and didn't feel right writing a review of it then.

I watched it again yesterday, and it is definitely targeted at fans. Fortunately Sony decided to help non-fans or people like me who never finished the game by including a rather boring 30 minute recap of the game.

The movie great. the story is kind of thin, but there is so much action in this movie that you won't notice. It didn't seem like I was sitting there for 1 1/2 hours (it did during the recap, but not during the movie)

About the main complaint I have with the movie is the fact that most of the characters from the game show up to fight Behumet, but that is pretty much their only purpose. I understand that they only had 90 minutes, but it would have been nice to find out what they had been up to for the last 2 years.

Speaking of the other characters, there are some recognizable voices. Christiy Carlson Romano played Yuffie in the movie and in Kindgom Hearts (but not Kingdom Hearts 2) and is better known as Kim Possible. (it was kind of weird hearing Kim's voice swearing BTW.) Mena Suvari plays Aerith in the movie and in Kingdom Hearts 2 (Mandy Moore, yes the singer, played her in the first game.) Rachael Leigh Cook played Tifa in the movie and In Kingdom Hearts 2. Steve Burton played Cloud in the movie and in both Kingdom Hearts games and is a long time cast member of General Hospital

Steve Blum played Vincent and has also done about a million voices for video games and cartoons, including playing Spike in Cowboy Bebop. Beau Billingslea played Barrett and also played voices in several video games and cartoons, including Jet, Also from Cowboy Bebop (Actually, looking at the roles these 2 have played, they have worked together on a lot of stuff.

I thought it was kind of interesting that they choose the people who played the voices in Kingdom Hearts 2. I am sure when they were looking for actors, they choose to go with them because of the fact that Kingdom Hearts 2 came out a few weeks before the movie.

Ultimatly, if you like the game, you will proboly like the movie. If you never playe dthe game, watch the recap before watching the movie.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go play Final Fantasy 7 :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home