The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Jack Baker--Resident Evil 7

When I came to, the guy was dragging me towards the big house I had seen earlier.  He was also carrying Mia's body.  Inside someone said I had work to do and it looked like my hand had been reattached some how.  When I Finlay woke up I was in a room lit by candles seated at a table.  the guy who punched me, as well as a woman and a younger guy were eating.  The woman seemed to be crazy.  the got a bit mad when I asked where Mia was.  The younger guy threw some food at me (looks more like organs of some sort, hopefully from animals.) and she called him Lucas.  So I'm guessing this is the Baker Family and the guy who knocked me out is Jack.  He grabbed Lucas and cut off his arm, who said "Not again."

So super strength, regeneration.  Anyone else thinking Uroboros or a new version of G-Virus?

Jack forced me to eat something while the woman, guessing it is Marguerite, got upset that Ethan didn't like it.  Jack then stabbed me some where in the face.  HE was about to do it again when the phone rang.  He told Lucas to answer it, figuring it was "That cop" again.  Looking around, it turns out there is an old woman there as well.  she seems to be asleep.  or dead.  This is Resident Evil, so either is possible.

I managed to tip over the chair and get free.  Checking my inventory, I saw that they had taken everything.  Opening it also showed that they had stapled my hand back on and I had a heart beat monitor on. Nice way to bring back the old school health bar.  Found a receipt for a saw, a lot of rope, and a bunch of dog collars.  With this family, I'm not sure I want to know what those are for.  The calender on the wall is either inaccurate or it is for March of 2017, which is after the tape I saw earlier, and I think the game is supposed to be in July 2017.   On the fridge were several notes describing people and how to cook them.  Now I really don't want to know what they were trying to force feed me.  I also found an Herb!I also found some ammo and a news paper talking about how the film crew from the tape are missing.  Apparently they filmed videos and posted them online.

As I explored, I saw Jack appear at the end of a long hall.  I backed away since he didn't see me and hid in a room off the kitchen.  He walked into the dining room and saw that I was missing.  I hid in a corner before he walked into the room, but didn't check there.  While he was checking the living room, I left and went down the hall I first saw him in.  I found the Hatch key and wondered if it fit in the locked hatch in the room I had been hiding in.  I snuck back in and opened the hatch, dropping into a crawlspace.    At least if he finds me, he will be crouched down too and not able to swing that shovel.

Also, apparently they let me keep my flashlight.  The crawlspace lead to the Laundry Room.  there I found a tape recorder, a trunk with Mia's e-mail and license in it, a lock pick, and some chemicals and herb needed to make First Aid Meds, which I did.  I also found a bobble head wearing a football uniform that looked like the Viking's away uniforms.  It had a shark on the side of the helmet, so I'm guessing it was for a fictional team named the Sharks.  I think there is an achievement for breaking these, but I didn't have anything to break it with.

As I was about to leave, the phone int he laundry room rang.  It was Zoe again.  She said there might be a way out through the main hall.  She also said the heart beat monitor I'm wearing is called a Codex and that it is important.  Don't lose it.

On the way there I found a picture of a girl.  IT was laying face down and her face was scribbled out.  Someone they used to know but don't like any more?  I also found pics of Lucas from 2013 and Jim and Marguerite from their 25th anniversary.  Not sure how long ago that was, but they seemed normal enough then.  and from the sounds of it about a year later is when Andre said they disappeared.

I went to open the door to the main hall but it was locked.  The door had a carving of two centaurs, with the body of one missing.  Hopefully Jack is gone so I can look for it.

As I went towards the dining room again in case it was there and I missed it (There were a few locked doors and I have a lock pick now) I heard knocking.  Turning the corner I saw someone banging on the window.  I couldn't tell who it was, but then I heard a door open so I ducked back into the laundry room.  I didn't hear anything else, so it might have just been me opening the door that I heard, cause when I opened it again to leave, it made the same sound.  With no other choice, I went to check on the guy.  Jack and the old lady were gone, and the guy was telling me to open the door for him.  It was a cop.  There had been some missing person calls and he asked Ethan if it was his house.  Ethan said that he had to help him and there were crazy people trying to kill him, but the cop didn't seem to think Ethan was that sane either.  There had been several missing person calls, and as an outsider, he felt Ethan might be involved.  He said to meet him in the garage.  Ethan asked for his gun, and not to surprisingly the cop, a deputy, said no.  He did end up giving me a pocket knife though.  better then nothing.

Before I left, I looked at some of the notes in the dining room closer.  Once said "Someone (scribbled out) is not dead"  another said "Take Marguerite to the hospital."  There were others, but I couldn't quite make out what they said, or if I did, they didn't make sense.  just a word or two.  On to the garage.

Why do I get the feeling Deputy is about to die.

Deputy asked what Ethan was doing out there in the middle of the night and then the garage door started closing.  As he told me to open the door, I saw Jack behind him.  He cut Deputy's head in half with the shovel and broke it on him.  Then he grabbed an axe and it was time for a fight.

I managed to avoid Jack long enough to grab Deputy's gun.  I also grabbed a First Aid Med and some car keys.  Trying them in the car (Which looked like the one I came in) I proceeded to ram the car into Jack several times until he didn't get up.  or so I thought.  turns out he had gotten onto the room, tore it open, and was right beside me.  I tried to escape, but he had us lined up with some girders.  He was going to take us both out!  I muse have ducked at the last second or something, because the one meant for me missed, but Jack was impaled.  I got a feeling though that he isn't dead yet.  I would shoot him in the head to avoid the Last Second Scare, but I don't want to waste bullets, especially since it wouldn't matter here anyways.

Sure enough, the car caught fire and he got up.  I shot him once or twice, but then the car blew up and seemed to stop him.  Looking around for a way out, I saw a ladder, but before I could climb it, Jack grabbed my hand.  Then he grabbed my gun hand, said "You're about to see something wonderful" put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Still not convinced he is dead.


Scare Count--5
Jack searching for me
Jack takes control of car

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home