The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Guest House--Resident Evil 7

I was bummed when I woke up because I forgot to pre-order Resident Evil 7, so it wasn't waiting for me on the Xbox One.  So I had to get it at Walmart.  I had been planning on playing some 6 or something while it installed, but as soon as I put in the disc, it said an Update was needed to play!  I downloaded the update (played some Stardew Valley while doing so) and as soon as it was done, I could play!!! No Installing required!!!

Time to kill some zeds.  Or whatever they are called this time.  Also time to figure out how this is connected to the rest of the franchise.  All we know is that in the demo there is a picture of a helicopter with the Umbrella logo on the side and a note "They are watching us."   Why is Umbrella watching them?  Was this a testing place fore a precursor of the T-Virus?  Maybe where they tested the Plagas sample Ada brought them after 4?  Something else they were working on?  Who knows, but I can't wait to find out.


Opening cut scene shows video of apparently my character's wife.  She is coming home soon.  And his name is Ethan.  Before sending that, she recorded a another video.  Her arms are covered in blood and she is scared of something.  Sshe lied about something and told Ethan to stay away.

Three years later, Ethan is driving and calling someone.  Apparently his wife's name is Mia and she isn't dead.  And he is going to Dulvey Louisiana to get her, or to see if someone is playing a prank on him.  He drove to a place, got out of the car and...I unlocked and achievement.  Yep.  For playing the cut scene.

I followed a path to a large house.  Because last time this series went to a large house it went so well.  Everyone had a good time and there was a lot of cake eaten.  Totally not a zombie outbreak.  (See Resident Evil 1 if you are unfamiliar with the franchise.)  The gave to the house was chained shut, but there was another path, so I followed it and soon found a van.  There were tripods next to it, and cords and a tarp.  guessing a camera crew of some sort.  Inside was a project proposal for "Sewer Gators Episode 17: Sneak Into a Louisiana Ghost House.  On the back, written in possibly blood, were the word's "Join Us"  There was a fence nearby with a broken in gate and a sign reading "Accept Her Gift.  I went in.

As I followed the trail on the other side, eerie music played and I saw some guy walking ahead of me.  I followed from a safe distance and found some crows eating what looked like a deer.  Near by was a gate made out of more animal pats and saw blades.  Dead birds littered the path as I walked towards some smoke in the distance.  The smoke was coming from the remains of a fire, which included a purse.  Inside was a damaged driver's license from Texas.  It's Mia's!  It's covered in something, with the Texas part seemingly wiped clear.

There was a house next to the fire.  Also I found out I had a print out of Mia's e-mail that brought me here.  It said that she was at the Baker Farm.  So I'm guessing that is where I'm at.  I soon found a door, and while looking around, I saw that it was open.  I could have sworn it was closed when I first saw it.  I slowly entered the house.

The door closed behind me.  Fortunately Ethan has a flash light  soon found myself in a filthy kitchen.  a pot on the table has some sort of stew in it.  and cockroaches.  There was a bird in the microwave that someone apparently tried nuking whole, and their fridge is dirtier then mine.  And it has been a while since I cleaned mine.  On the table is a local paper with a head like saying "Over 20 (presumably people) missing in 2 years."  Also something about ghosts in the bayou.  I also found a photo in a drawer, but couldn't tell what it was of.

I found myself in a living room with a TV on.  On the coffee table (which looks a bit like one a friend of mine use to have) I found a photo of a guy's shoulder and some one's legs on a bed.  I also found a pic of a girl, possibly Mia?  Her face looked messed up, but it was hard to tell sure to the low quality of the photo.

Up some stairs I found a video tape and a tape recorder.  the recorder is apparently the new typewriter, only with out the need for Ink Ribbons   The tape was labeled Derelict House Footage.  I put the video into the VCR.  (possibly a typo, it says it was filmed in June 2017, which is when the game is supposed to take place., and the game looks like more time has passed then that, At least a month or so.)  The video was from a show about paranormal investigators or something and I was the camera man.  Apparently I was new.  And this is a filming of the show Sewer Gators.  I like that the quality sucks, like on a VHS tape, but if this was recent, why were they filming on film period, let alone VHS.  What shows, even amateur shows, use anything but digital cameras anymore?  Also, apparently they were in Amarillo (Texas) 2 years ago.

They entered the same way I did, kicking open the door (so maybe it wasn't closed)  They said the house had been abandoned and the family had gone missing.  Foul Play was suspected.  They disappeared 3 years ago (around the time Mia disappeared?)  And apparently my name is Clancy.

The house was owned by Jack and Margarite Baker.  Apparently their son Lucas was a bad seed.  as Pete (the host) and I were setting up a shot, Andre (the other guy with us) wondered off.  We called his name but no answer.  As we walked by the room I was in (outside of the video) we heard a noise and entered.  For some reason (to give a clue) Pete started looking at the fireplace and found a lever that opened a secret hatch.  We entered and there was a hole int he ground leading down.  I went down and Andre was standing in the corner.  He had been impaled on a hook and was dead.  His body fell on me and then the camera showed a pair of legs coming to get me.  There was screaming and that was the end of the tape.

I opened the secret door and went down the ladder.  It broke part way down and I fell.  As I got up, I looked at where Andre was found.  the ground was still covered in blood.  I made my way into a flooded tunnel.  NEar the end, a bodie floated to the surface.  It was Andre's.  At the end of the tunnal the walls were covered with pictures of people, but no clue why.

On the other side of the tunnel I found a room that had some plywood on it.  On the wood were stick figures and some drawings and words.  "I'm Sorry daddy.  I will not be bad anymore."  After that I found a room with a metal cell door.  on the other side was a well lit, padded room with a cot, and on the cot was Mia!  or atleast it looked like her.  the door was chained shut, so I went looking for a key or something.  I found a piece of paper with names on it and "Dead "or "Turned"  the last three were Peter, Andre, and Clancy.  Clancy's entry just said "L"  I found a bolt cutter and cut the chain.

It was Mia!!!  She asked why Ethan was there and then told him she wouldn't have contacted him.  at least she didn't think she did.  then she asked if anyone, particularly "he" saw me.  She said Daddy is coming and they needed to go.

Mia lead me through a room covered in blood.  there were several pairs of shews laying on the ground.  Mia said that the family used to bring her food through the tunnels we were in.  We made our way to a room that Mia remembered and she said there was another door, but it was gon.  then she said some kind of crazy things and collapsed on the couch.

I found a picture of a lady in what looked like a wheel chair.  it was hard to tell, but she looked like she may have been infected with the T-Virus.  of course that might just be me trying to find connections to Umbrella where theyere aren't any.  on the back of the pic it said E-001.  I went looking for an exit, and when I did I heard Mia scream.  when I got back to the room, she was gone and the hidden door had been opened.  I climbed a flight of stairs and the door at the top opened by itself.  It was storming out now.  In the bathroom I found a few first aids and hears some loud, rythmic knockng.  I closed the door, hoping that, if it was getting closer, they wouldn't come in because it was occupied.  

Eventually I left the bathroom and the knocking stopped and I heard what sounded like a door creaking.  with all other doors locked or boarded up, I returned to the basement to find the lights were now off.  as I went down the stairs, it triggered a cup scene of Mia, crawling up the stairs and looking like she had been infected with something, threw me up the stairs and through the door.  She attacked me with a knife and drove it through my hand before I knocked her back.  After getting my hands all cut up, Mia came to her scenses and was back to normal, saying she could feel "her" inside trying to escape.  She proceeded to hit her head against the wall till knocking herself out.  after healing (cause the game said to) I went to check on her and Dark Mia was back, throwing me through the boarded up door (and wall) and proceeding to break off a piece of wood to attack me.  I grabbed an ax off the ground and defended myself, but was forced to kill her.  As she died, Mia seemed to return to normal.

The phone in the hall was ringing, and after checking out the room quick, I went to answer it.  The voice ont he other end said I shouldn't have come.  She said her name was Zoe and there should be a way out through the attic.  when I went back to say good bye to Mia, her body was gone, leaving the axe behind.  I also heard a door opening (possibly by whoever took her body?)  It was the locked door neat the TV room.  I went upstairs and saved beforehitting the button to lower the stairs, but it didn't work.  remembering the fuse box in the TV room, I went back and saw that the fuse marked Stairs was missing.

I found the fuse int he chained up cupboard outside the kitchen and used the bolt cutters to open it.  As I was walking abck I saw someone, walking through the hall to the TV toom.  it looked vaugly like Mia.  I replaced the fuse and she jumped out of the storage room under the stairs (which I thought I checked before replacing the fuse.  she said it was ok and she knows I didn't mean to hurt hur, then Dark Mia showed up and threw me around for a bit.  After saying it hurt (really?  an axe enbedded in your neck hurt? who would have thought) she stabbed my hand with a screwdriver, pinning me to the wall.  She walked away, but came back with a Chainsaw.  she cut off my hand and walked off, saying something about "Contain it" and then "Must burn it all down."

After saving and using a First Aid Med to stop the bleeding on my stump (although now that I think about it, I didn't seem to be getting worse while it was bleeding) I hit the Stairs button and made my way into the attic.  I found a gun, some ammo, and some meds.  I also found a maniquin that I destroyed because I didn't want it to be a Weeping Angel or something.  The attic had a ladder leading to a hatch and I climbed it.  as I got close, Mia broke the window with the chainsaw.  as we fought, she said something about me not understanding and "It is my (Mia's) job."  I shot her several times, including several hed shots, but she didn't go down.  After about 14 bullets she finaly collapsed, saying "I love you"  Unlike the last time, there was blood on the ground under her body, so I think she is dead.

Also, the chainsaw disappeared.  I thought maybe she was on it, but it didn't look like it.  it just disappeared when she dropped it.

Never mind.  It fell a little ways away next to a door where I found some ammo earlier.

As I was about to see if I could grab it, I was grabbed from behind by a guy who said "Welcome To The Family Son" (the shot that was in all the trailers) and he punched me.  I fell, looking at Mia's body  before he hit me again and knocked me out


Good opening and the first time in the series I've been scared (also, one of the few times period when playing a game.)  I got the She's Alive, A-Ha, Behind Closed Doors,and Master Of Unlocking, and Welcome To The Family, Son achievements.

Scare Count-3
Door closed and lights went out.
Andre's body foated to the surface
Mia grabbed me from the storage room under the stairs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home