The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Wii Beats PS3

I just finished watching the Wii Launch episode of X-Playand I have to say, even for a Nintendow fan like me, I was impressed. I missed the first review (Red Steel) but I saw the rest and they all got 4 stars or better (LEgend Of Zelda for 5 stars) One of the coolest parts (other then seeing Twilight Princess in action) Was the Madden 07 review, where they said that the Wii version reinvented the franchise!

One theme that kept coming up in each review I saw was fun. Each of the games have been fun to play. That is something Nintendo is known for. They may not always have th biggest game or the prettiest, but the really good games for the system are just fun, and that is more important to me then graphics. Normally I have to have a good story to really get into a game, but if it is just fun to play (like Guitar Heros) that will keep me coming back as well.

About the only complaint I heard, other then the fact that you will have to get use to the controls, is the fact taht Twilight Princess looks like a good Gamecube game, which is something I have heard before and that is basicly what it is. It wasn't until the game was almost done that it was decided to release a Wii version, so it makes sense that it would look like a cube game.

This, plus the fact that it has out sold PS3 with less problems and had better games at launch then PS3 or 360, means that Nintendo has past the first hurtle towards returning to their place of dominance in the console wars. If they can maintain this lead, the only thing that will stand in their way is the 360. Can Mario beat Master Chief? Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xexyz said...

Well, they certainly dominated this generation. The question is, can they dominate the next in the same way?

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home