The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Been meaning to post this for a while, just haven't. So, while watching the 2010 Tour De France I figured now would be a good time to announce this.

I am planning on re-doing the site. The background will stay the same, since I think it works well for the gaming theme of the site and because I like it. The basic lay out will mostly stay as well, but with a few changes.

1.) Sidebar
The sidebar is going to be changed around a bit. the Now playing section will list the games that I am actually playing, like Transformers: War For Cybertron (360) Chrono Trigger (DS) and Final Fantasy 6 (GBA) There might be other ones that I am playing , like Frogger or Pac-Man on Live Arcade, but for the most part only the ones I am actively playing are here

Free Play will be back, with a list of games I am playing when I go online and want some multi player action, as well as ones I play when I just want to play (This is where Frogger and Pac-Man will be)

the Community sites and Gamer Tags sections will be combined with the current goals section and be joined by a new section, achievements.

Long Term Goals will no contain ones that just take a long time to complete, like side quests that I have started, but haven't completed yet. Stuff that is currently on there, which is mostly tough challenges that I will get to eventually, will be moved to their own page.


2.) Posts
I haven't stopped writing posts, I just haven't been posting them. There are several that I just saved as drafts because I didn't want to stop and write a post. I wanted to keep playing. So I typed up the important stuff and kept playing, but never went back to them. Others I have typed up in a file I have on my computer as full posts, but never posted them.

obviously I have to get those done. Plus there are some things that aren't really worthy of posts, but are smaller parts of something that is. For example, a post about beating stage 1-1 of Super Mario Bros 3 is stupid, but including it as part of a "Completed World 1 of SMB3" challenge is worth a post. so some of the posts will be condensed into one. I will also be adding tags to all posts and spell check them all. I will keep typing posts on the computer, and when I get caught up, I will upload all of them. The ones I saved as drafts, I will probably just replay them, using the drafts to list anything (like achievements unlocked) that I can't get or do on a replay. I will also (finally) try to type up reviews of games I have beaten. I have been meaning to do that since the start, just haven't. I also might start posting reviews of demos I play, simply to give my impressions of the demo and whether or not people should buy the games based on the demos. Basically I will play the demos so you don't have to.

3.) Achievements
When I say achievements, I don't mean just achievements unlocked on the 360 (or trophies if I ever get a PS3. or achievements in other games that have them now.) I also mean completed goals. Those, as well as a list of all achievements I have so far of 360, as well as the gamer tags that are currently on the sidebar will be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home