The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Final Fantasy: Quest Of The Light Warriors

It's been a week, so I guess I should explain what I said last week about Final Fantasy. IT is one of my writing projects. in fact I had the first two chapters done a while ago, but stopped working on it because I stopped playing. It isn't something I am doing for money, although if SquareSoft wanted to pay me to do it, I would not complain, it is merely a labor of love for one of my favorite video games of all time.

After playing most of the other games (I think the series was up to 8 at that point, although I hadn't played 2, 3, or 5 yet) I decided to play the first game again, and was disappointed by what was once a great story. Unfortunately, after the great stories in the other games, I found myself a bit disappointed by the story in the first game. So I decided to create a new story, staying true to the original as much s possible, but changing some stuff to make it better.

As I said, some stuff has changed. For example they heroes do not know they are the light warriors at the start of the series. Part of their quest is to acquire the mystic orbs before they can restore light to them and save the world. There are some other charges too, but those will have to wait until I write it.

I am working on something simmilar for the Legend Of Zelda series as well, although that is much less developed and are a long wasy away from being officially announced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home