The Iceman's Game Journal

After seeing Tim's Game Diary, I started this blog to give me some incentive to actually finish some of the 461+ video games I have (of which I have finished 41.) Hope it works.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Resident Evil 4--Assignment Ada

Finally gave myself enough time to finish Assignment Ada. Since I don't work in tomorrow (or would that be today) I decided to stay up until I beat it.

The fight against Krauser was tough. I had to check Gamefaqs to see what I was doing wrong. Turns out my plan, hold down the fire button and spray him with bullets, was a good one. Too bad the same couldn't be said for my aim. I also learned about a strategy for using the Sniper Rifle, which allowed me to take him out with only 6 shots.

I the end though, I was a little disappointed. It was shorter then I expected, and while it was challenging enough, it wasn't as good as the main game or even Separate Ways.

In addition, it added very little to the story. In the end of the final cut scene Wesker says something about using the Plagas sample to change the world and laughs maniacally as the chopper flies off. All that does is confirm a suspicion that this game sets up Resident Evil 5, which will most likely feature some sort of Plagas/T-Virus Hybrids.

And what was up with the credits? Ada spent the whole time wearing some sort of harness and Leon was wearing his Raccoon City PD Uniform.

In the end though, it was more Resident Evil 4 Action, which is a good thing.

With Assignment Ada completed, I feel good enough about this game to consider it done. Is till one weapon to unlock, and I have to finish Mercenaries, but I consider this one done. Expect a review up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home